RIIT(Research Institute for Information Technology) is an institute for reseach and development on wide variety of topics in computer science field such as computation, network, security and education. On the other hand, as a member of Information Infrastructure Initiative in Kyushu University, it is playing an important role in efficient management of information technologies in the university. Moreover, as one of the centers for academic computing, it provides resources for high-performance computing for researchers in Japan.
RIIT is composed of the following six field of inquiries.
- * Academic information section
- * Language Education Environment Section
- * Learning Spaces Design Section
- * Next Generation and Future Network Section
- * Interdisciplinary Computational Science Section
- * Advanced Computing Infrastructure Section